Job Title: Manufacturing Operations Manager
Company: Gratz Industries, LLC
Date: May 2021
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by our client Gratz Industries, LLC, an internationally recognized manufacturer of Pilates equipment, located in West Philadelphia to assist them in recruiting for a Manufacturing Operations Manager who will report to the Owners.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager will be responsible for all areas of the manufacturing facility and has authority to act on behalf of the Company on matters pertaining to day-to-day operations and tactical operating issues, i.e., personnel matters, raw material and supply needs, inventory, process improvements, training, safety, outsourced vendors, supply chain, etc. Coordination of internal work flow including woodworking, spray and lacquering, welding, machining, sandblasting, grinding, upholstery, pre-assembly and final assembly of equipment, wrapping, packaging, and shipping.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager will ensure that the Company produces the highest quality products and services for its customers, meeting cost objectives, inventory requirements, shipped-on-time, in strict compliance with customer specifications, and industry standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with ownership to develop tactical (short-term) and strategic (longer-term) manufacturing plans, including reporting on current operational efficiencies, changing technology opportunities, capital expenditures, process improvements, etc. Assists with layout of new facility.
- Review of existing fabrication means/methods and develops/implements new approaches/processes.
- Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Establishes production standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery.
- Works closely with members of the production team to ensure that all scheduled jobs are progressing and completed as planned, for on-time delivery to customers.
- Develops and executes manufacturing policies and controls in the area of lean manufacturing techniques, materials usage, capacity planning, inventory, machine maintenance, and production scheduling.
- Maintains and improves production flow and efficiency.
- Ensures that safe working procedures are defined/documented, and personnel are informed/trained in safe working methods, proper use of tools and machinery, and use of personal protection equipment.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Directs strategic sourcing initiatives with a focus on realizing efficiencies and cost savings while building and maintaining positive relationships with vendors.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve manufacturing costs.
Essential Qualifications & Competencies
- Broad knowledge of plant management, equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing and operations management, with 10 to 12 years of progressive plant management experiences with smaller and mid-size organizations. 5+ years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of improving work flow and use of technology in tracking orders preferred.
- Experience with fabrication, woodworking, metalworking, assembly, packaging/shipping required.
- Engineering background is helpful.
- Six Sigma Certification is helpful.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate production machinery, typical office equipment and communications devices.
Interested candidates should contact Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at email@example.com.