Job Title: Sales Manager/Director
Company: Wm. Schmidt and Sons (www.wasinc.com)
Date: February 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners is conducting a retained search for a Sales Manager/Director for Wm. A. Schmidt & Sons (wasinc.com) a privately held metal fabricator located in Chester, PA. Schmidt serves the Power Generation, Refinery/Petro-Chemical, Metal Forming, and Chocolate Equipment markets. Schmidt provides quality parts and equipment to customers following ASME code standards. Schmidt’s reputation with their customers is based on a high-level of performance, quick turn-around and the ability to complete complicated fabrications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the President, the Sales Manager/Director is an integral member of the senior management team, and will be responsible for both the development and implementation of the Wm. A. Schmidt & Sons sales strategy. This person will be responsible for ensuring consistent planning, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and profitability. The individual must be comfortable in acting in the role of both a hunter and farmer.
As part of the hands-on day-to-day sales duties and responsibilities, the Manager/Director will be responsible for sales performance activities related to sales forecasting, penetration of existing accounts, pipeline account management, closing sales, and new account activity. Must be able to develop and provide accurate sales forecasts annually, quarterly and monthly. The Manager/Director will also be responsible for formulating sales policies, practices and procedures.
The Manager/Director will lead ongoing communication and meetings with customers, to foster relationships and ensure new and existing customers are aware of Schmidt’s range of capabilities, successful track record, and long-term commitment to their priorities.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of commercial sales experience in metal working, fabrication, coatings with at least 3 to 5 years of sales management experience
- Must be willing to work as both a hunter and farmer
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals/objectives
- Customer intimacy/centric mentality in the development and retention of prospects and current customers.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Prior experience in developing sales management tools through the use of technology
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing successful sales strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
Total compensation for Manager/Director will be made up of a competitive base salary and the opportunity to earn considerable cash incentives based on attainment of profitable new sales for the Company. Competitive benefits program is offered as well.
About Wm. A. Schmidt and Sons
William A. Schmidt and Sons (www.wasinc.com) is a metal fabricator serving the Power Generation, Refinery/Petro-Chemical, Metal Forming, and Chocolate Equipment markets. Our highly experienced team is focused on providing quality parts and equipment for our customers. We strictly follow ASME code standards on every job we produce. Our team is committed to achieving quality standards that our customers expect while consistently delivering on schedule. Our customers trust our performance and look to Schmidt to assist in meeting their quick turn-around needs and completing complicated fabrications.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at firstname.lastname@example.org.