Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date: May 2019
Comhar is looking for an Employee Relations Manager (ERM) to report to the Director of Human Resources at their 100 West Lehigh Avenue location in the Kensington section of Philadelphia. The ERM manages Comhar’s Employee Relations function that is aimed at fostering a professional and respectful culture for the delivery of high quality services to the communities and consumers Comhar serves. The ERM oversees a variety of functions including overall compliance with policies, practices and initiatives in Employee Relations related matters. The ERM advises, guides and coaches Comhar’s managers and supervisors on employee relations related matters including policy interpretation, HR procedures, employee conflict resolution, performance management and related employee relations matters.
The ERM will also conduct investigations into ER matters with a focus on resolving behavioral and/or disciplinary matters, employee complaints and other ER related complaints. The ERM works to ensure a fair and consistent application of all policies and procedures to foster a positive employee relations culture within the organization. The ERM works closely and regularly with outside employment counsel and Comhar’s administration to ensure fair and equitable employee relations practices are implemented and maintained.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Coaches and advises managers to provide guidance related to workplace issues arising among employees or between employees and managers, including performance management, leaves of absence and with implementation of disciplinary action in accordance with Comhar’s policies and practices.
- Conducts investigations regarding a variety of workplace issues including work time falsification, theft of company property, consumer or employee complaints, applicant complaints, and other areas as needed.
- Attends Unemployment Compensation and Workers Compensation hearings as Comhar’s representative. Prepares testimony with managers to ensure successful participation at hearings and prepares statements, correspondence, and conducts related research.
- Identifies and recommends changes and revisions to HR policies and practices ensuring compliance with all legal, regulatory, and/or ethical issues and requirements.
- Thoroughly documents findings; appropriately communicates outcomes to managers, supervisors and employees. Consults with legal and appropriate administration. Prepares reports and recommends appropriate actions based on all pertinent factors.
- Develops and delivers employee relations related training programs including but not limited to Preventing Sexual Harassment, Avoiding Workplace Violence and Harassment and Ethical Conduct.
- Prepares EEO1 reports and other reports to external agencies, as required.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Employee & Labor Relations, Business Administration or related field is required.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local Employment Laws.
- Understanding of Unemployment and Workers Compensation laws and administration.
- At least 7 years HR management experience with specialty in employee relations with demonstrated expertise in HR legal Compliance including: EEO, HIPAA, FMLA, and ADA.
- Prior HR experience in behavioral health or social services agencies would be helpful.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 4 years of direct experience investigating Employee Relations related matters.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws pertaining to Employee Relations.
- Able to foster trust, collaboration & teamwork throughout the organization.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the organization.
- Able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Able to complete assignments in a timely manner with a sense of urgency.
- Integrity and Trust; Approachability
- Attention to Details; Conflict Resolution Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- People Management Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Action Oriented
- Sound Judgment
About Comhar, Inc.:
In 1974, a new nonprofit corporation was established and named Comhar, Inc to develop mental health services for people in the neighborhoods of Kensington, Port Richmond, Fishtown, and Juniata Park. Since then, Comhar has grown into a comprehensive human services organization by implementing community centers, community living arrangements, co-occurring behavioral health and addiction programs, services for the Latino community, services supporting individuals with HIV/Aids, and children and family services. Today, their services are offered in the Philadelphia, Montgomery and Northampton County communities, in homes, community centers and schools helping over 11,000 individuals each year. We provide a full array of recovery-oriented and quality-focused services. Their services are diverse, from outpatient treatment, to day support and residential programs, to workshops, in order to bring support to persons where they are and in ways that support their individual recovery. With over 700 staff members, Comhar is dedicated to their mission of providing services to support persons in their recovery and empower them on their journey.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at email@example.com.