Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Company: C&L Rivet Company
Location: Hatboro, PA
Date: January 2018
The Quality Assurance Engineer will report to the Operations Manager, and will have primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of production quality standards and documentation to ensure quality manufacturing to our customers’ specifications on a consistent basis. This includes, but is not limited to; defining quality requirements for current/new products and preparing/maintaining necessary documentation, monitoring production quality performance to identify opportunities for improvement, reviewing and maintaining quality files, procedures, work instructions, training, etc. for relevance and adherence to customer and regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, edit, revise and update all documents associated with the Quality Manual, as necessary
- Ensure that quality processes are established, implemented and maintained
- Develop forms, logs and spreadsheets as needed for daily operations
- Maintain ISO 9001 standards/certification
- Train and manage quality assurance technician
- Ensure the awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
- Administration of Corrective Action Request System and Customer Complaints
- Keep Operations Manager fully apprised of significant occurrences and trends that impact the quality of product or manufacturing operations
- Anticipate current and future issues and develop plans/actions to minimize the negative impact
Required Education and Experience
- Technical Degree required, a degree in Mechanical Engineering helpful
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing quality assurance program, department, or operation is required
- Experience working in the quality area for an organization certified in ISO 9001 or similar standard is required
- Must have hands-on ability for measurement using micrometers, calibers, indicators, etc.
- Strong understanding of statistical process control, especially CpK and control limits, trends and the need for tool replacement to meet acceptable performance
- Understanding of cold heading, the cold heading process and high volume manufacturing is desirable
- Knowledge of PAPP process
- Must be able to work in both a shop and office environment
About C&L Rivet Company
C&L Rivet Company has been specializing in rivets and cold-headed parts since 1960. In 2001, C&L Rivet Company acquired Penn Fasteners, Inc. The combination of these companies provides enhanced versatility, knowledge, quality, competitive pricing, service and distribution of rivets and fasteners. Today, the company provides high-quality custom-made products that meet any specifications from miniature to large precision parts.
Completed as a Strategic Alliance Partner of DVIRC.