Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date: August 2019
At Comhar, it’s their mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. Comhar provides a full array of recovery-oriented and quality-focused services. Their services are diverse, from outpatient treatment, to day support and residential programs, to workshops, in order to bring support to persons where they are and in ways that support their individual recovery.
They are currently looking for a Chief Financial Officer, who will directly report to the CEO. The CFO will be responsible for strategic financial planning, revenue stream enhancement, investment management and company-wide compliance assistance. Responsible for the overall financial and business operations management and function of Comhar, Inc. and all Affiliated companies. Assist the CEO and the Board of Directors of all companies in the continued growth of the company. The position reports to and works in close partnership with the CEO. This position is an executive level position under the Administrative direction of and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
*Local candidates only
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Management and supervision of financial functions, including controllership, budgeting, purchasing, facilities, HUD Operations, patient and financial services, financial information systems and financing strategies
- Oversee financial control and reporting of investment management, including endowment and pension assetsAttends Unemployment Compensation and Workers Compensation hearings as Comhar’s representative. Prepares testimony with managers to ensure successful participation at hearings and prepares statements, correspondence, and conducts related research.
- Supervise all ancillary financial operations, including philanthropy and not-for-profit fundraising.
- Effective communication and presentation skills to bridge the gap between finance and the rest of the organization, including the Board
- Financial reporting, management of information, financial systems and controls,
- Merger and Acquisition business development, corporate banking and development matters
- Maintain all insurance policies, including general / professional liability, fire / property, auto and workers compensation. Review of policies; ensure adequate insurance coverage and accuracy of rate calculation
- Facilitate the year-end financial audit
- Debt Management
- Main contact for independent auditors and legal counsel relating to financial matters. Consult with legal counsel relating to Corporate and operational matters
- Serves as a liaison between Comhar and all Affiliates and external governing bodies and Board of Directors
- Overall responsibility to ensure financial viability and stability of the organizations
- Monitor financial covenants established by Lenders and other regulatory authorities
- Approves cost allocation plan
- Advise and support entity executives regarding financial information and operational practices
- Analyze year to date actual results to refine projections in preparation of interim financial plans
- Prepares and assists in preparation of feasibility studies for new business or ventures
- Managed care contracting; monitoring of payments
- Establish procedures for accumulation of statistical data in support of financial reporting
- Presents and reports to the Board of Directors all relevant financial information of the companies
- Assist in developing and fostering effective collaboration between departments, divisions and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services
- Establishment of long and short term organizational goals and strategic planning
- Identifies and analyzes operational problem areas and provides viable solutions
- Involvement with operational plans of correction and/or compliance
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for all entities
- Provides oversight of all related entities during times of absence of the CEO
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/A in accounting or finance required; MBA preferred; CPA helpful
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in non-profit and/or healthcare hospital environment and/or behavioral health
- Experience with Government Funded Payer Programs. Understanding of process, compliance and dispute resolution
- Ability to effectively interact with the Board of Directors and external executives
- Business partner motivated to help Comhar deliver on its core mission
- Must be an effective problem solver and possess strong values, management and leadership qualities
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Must be a team player with a strong desire and ability to improve financial results.
About Comhar, Inc.:
In 1974, a new nonprofit corporation was established and named Comhar, Inc to develop mental health services for people in the neighborhoods of Kensington, Port Richmond, Fishtown, and Juniata Park. Since then, Comhar has grown into a comprehensive human services organization by implementing community centers, community living arrangements, co-occurring behavioral health and addiction programs, services for the Latino community, services supporting individuals with HIV/Aids, and children and family services. Today, their services are offered in the Philadelphia, Montgomery and Northampton County communities, in homes, community centers and schools helping over 11,000 individuals each year. We provide a full array of recovery-oriented and quality-focused services. Their services are diverse, from outpatient treatment, to day support and residential programs, to workshops, in order to bring support to persons where they are and in ways that support their individual recovery. With over 700 staff members, Comhar is dedicated to their mission of providing services to support persons in their recovery and empower them on their journey.