Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Company: Comhar, Inc. (comhar.org/)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date: August 2019
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the agency-wide information technology (IT) program. The CIO will lead the health care network in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized clinical and business operations and to achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
*Local candidates only
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Ensures CEO and the executive team are appropriately informed of relevant issues.
- Manage the implementation of new agency-wide information systems, as needed.
- Approves, coordinates and controls all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for the agency. Provides advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Evaluates systems to measure their success.
- Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
- Develops and maintains corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems, while maintaining the protection of the agency’s IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy if information entrusted to or maintained by the agency.
- Develops, when possible, master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
Develops and monitors the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
- Maintains contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluates alternatives, performs appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Promotes and oversees relationships between the health care network’s IT resources and external entities (e.g., government, vendors, researchers, and other health care organizations).
- Ensures that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements, including HIPAA.
- Coordinates and manages reporting needs and data analysis for the agency. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of pertinent information required by management to make decisions occur in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
- Manages the system that provides training and support to end users.
- Ensures that data systems are capable of provision of all patient data and statistics as required by Federal, state and local agencies. Supports the development of patient reports as requested.
- Develops and maintains system recovery plan in the event of power failure, damage to system, etc. Facilitate correction of any system failures, contact point for computer problems.
- Supervises the development and maintenance of user documentation, including complete user manuals, FAQs and help files.
- Communicates IS/IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and a Master’s Degree in Information Systems/Business Administration required.
- Minimum of 15 years experience, preferably in the healthcare hospital environment, and/or behavioral health
- IT generalist with experience across entire IT architecture and service delivery
- Prior hands-on experience with Electronic Medical Records and Government Payment Systems required
- Software development and implementation experience.
- Experience with network communication systems in a multi-corporate environment.
- Business Partner motivated to help Comhar deliver its core mission
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Must be a team player and skilled in relating to and communicating with both internal and external parties.
About Comhar, Inc.:
In 1974, a new nonprofit corporation was established and named Comhar, Inc to develop mental health services for people in the neighborhoods of Kensington, Port Richmond, Fishtown, and Juniata Park. Since then, Comhar has grown into a comprehensive human services organization by implementing community centers, community living arrangements, co-occurring behavioral health and addiction programs, services for the Latino community, services supporting individuals with HIV/Aids, and children and family services. Today, their services are offered in the Philadelphia, Montgomery and Northampton County communities, in homes, community centers and schools helping over 11,000 individuals each year. We provide a full array of recovery-oriented and quality-focused services. Their services are diverse, from outpatient treatment, to day support and residential programs, to workshops, in order to bring support to persons where they are and in ways that support their individual recovery. With over 700 staff members, Comhar is dedicated to their mission of providing services to support persons in their recovery and empower them on their journey.