Job Title: Human Resources Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date: August 2019
The Human Resources Director leads Comhar’s Human Resources (HR) department, practices and strategies aimed at fostering a professional and respectful culture of high quality in the delivery of services to the communities and consumers that Comhar serves. The HR Director oversees the management of a variety of administrative functions including: Staffing, Recruitment, HRIS, New-hire on-boarding and orientation; Credentialing, Employee Benefits and Compensation; Employee Relations; Legal compliance; Wage and Hour (FLSA), ADA and FMLA compliance; Workers Compensation & Unemployment administration, HRIS and recordkeeping administration; Employee/ Supervisory Training/Development; Performance Management and HR Policy Development. The HR Director advises Comhar’s managerial staff regarding HR policies and practices.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Management and supervision of financial functions, including controllership, budgeting, purchasing, facilities, HUD Operations, patient and financial services, financial information systems and financing strategies
- Manages Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff.
- Monitors HR administration to ensure conformance with all established standards
- Directs & manages the activities of direct reports (HR staff)
- Ensures professional development of all direct reports.
- Develops and monitors annual HR budget for HR related services and staff.
- Manages and updates all HR policies, programs and practices.
- Develops annual individual and department goals and objectives
- Prepares and maintains department HR related reports as necessary.
- Participates in meetings, attends job related seminars and training.
- Manages the development and maintenance of recruiting practices
- Defines and implements HR training programs for staff and managers, including materials, workshops, manuals, employee handbooks and other reports and information.
- Leads implementation of performance management & employee development programs.
- Manages recruiting practices and procedures to meet Comhar’s staffing needs
- Interviews management- and executive-level candidates, up to final selection.
- Develops and issues communications regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Formulates and recommends HR policies and practices regarding employee relations determines and recommends employee relations practices to foster a positive employer-employee relationships of high integrity that will promote optimal employee engagement.
- Conducts investigations regarding employee complaints, concerns or other issues.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in performance management issues including verbal and written warnings, suspensions and employment terminations
- Participates in the development of safety programs; monitors tracking of OSHA-reporting and submission of all required data.
- Establishes wage and salary policies and practices.
- Works collaboratively with the CFO to obtain and provide competitive and cost effective employee benefits plans and programs; ensures benefit plan orientations and training.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws, American with Disability laws, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor Laws, Worker compensation laws, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws, etc. Prepares reports required for compliance.
- Serves as primary contact with Comhar’s employment attorneys and Human Resources related government agencies
- Manages employee communication and feedback, suggestion programs
- Directs planning for job design, pay plans and makes recommendations to CEO.
- Ensures CEO and the executive team are appropriately informed of relevant issues.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or business related field required. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of comprehensive Human Resources management experience, with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience required. Prior experience leading an HR function if similar size preferred
- Well versed in Health Care Industry
- Deep Recruiting Experience in Health care professionals (Nurse, Physicians, MHT, Residential Counselors, etc..)
- Business Partner motivated to help COMHAR deliver its core mission
- Able to foster trust & teamwork among direct reports, peers and throughout the organization
- Ensure the professional development for all direct reports.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the organization.
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner adhering to deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving and Negotiation Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Technical Expertise in HR related areas: Compensation, Employee Relations, Employee Benefits, HRIS, Recruiting, and Legal Compliance.
- People Management skills
- Adaptable to Change; Action Oriented
- Possess sound judgment and emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Results Oriented
Job duties are performed in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, file cabinets and other office related equipment. Noise level in the work environment is low.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit; maintain balance; occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust optical focus.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel may be required.
Other Duties: As assigned and at the discretion of the CEO.
About Comhar, Inc.:
In 1974, a new nonprofit corporation was established and named Comhar, Inc to develop mental health services for people in the neighborhoods of Kensington, Port Richmond, Fishtown, and Juniata Park. Since then, Comhar has grown into a comprehensive human services organization by implementing community centers, community living arrangements, co-occurring behavioral health and addiction programs, services for the Latino community, services supporting individuals with HIV/Aids, and children and family services. Today, their services are offered in the Philadelphia, Montgomery and Northampton County communities, in homes, community centers and schools helping over 11,000 individuals each year. We provide a full array of recovery-oriented and quality-focused services. Their services are diverse, from outpatient treatment, to day support and residential programs, to workshops, in order to bring support to persons where they are and in ways that support their individual recovery. With over 700 staff members, Comhar is dedicated to their mission of providing services to support persons in their recovery and empower them on their journey.