Job Title: Controller
Company: Philly Shipyard, Inc
Date: April 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners is conducting a retained search for a Controller for the Philly Shipyard, Inc. located at the Navy Yard in Philadelphia, PA reporting to the CFO.
The Controller is responsible for managing the daily operations of the accounting department, creating financial reporting, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures and working collaboratively with various other departments to insure accurate and timely financial statements.
Education and Experience Required:
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- DoD / U.S. Government Contracting experience required
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, Technical Accounting, and ability to research given topics required
- 15+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably experience with multi-year government contract projects
- SAP experience preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the monthly close, including general ledger review & accruals, and all closing journal entries
- Maintains integrity of Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles
- Prepares interpretation of accounting results and advises management; identifies complex accounting problems, researches solutions, and corrects problem
- Provides accounting and financial reporting guidance to support business, functional and corporate needs
- Assists with the transition to government contract accounting, develops appropriate policies and procedures, and supports ongoing monitoring of compliance
- Interfaces with external auditors and is responsible for facilitating completion of the audit in connection with the Company’s financial reporting requirements
- Manages all day-to-day accounting processes and members of the accounting staff
About Philly Shipyard
Philly Shipyard (www.phillyshipyard.com) is a leading U.S. commercial shipyard constructing vessels for operation in the U.S. Jones Act market, which requires all commercial vessels transporting merchandise between ports in the United States to be built, owned, operated and manned by U.S. citizens and to be registered under the U.S. flag. Philly Shipyard possesses a state-of-the-art shipbuilding facility and has earned a reputation as the preferred provider of oceangoing merchant vessels.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at firstname.lastname@example.org.