Job Title: Project Planner – Reports
Company: Philly Shipyard, Inc
Date: April 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by Philly Shipyard, Inc to assist them in recruiting a a Project Planner-Reports who will report to the Planning Manager in the Planning Department. This expansion is a result of the Philly Shipyard being awarded a new contract for the construction of up to 5 (five) National Security Multi-Mission Vessels (NSMV) from TOTE Services.
The Project Planner – Reports is responsible for the development and execution of all official reports provided by planning to PSI Line and Project management.
- Follow all PSI safety rules and regulations
- Develop PSI reporting system to meet the changing Management needs
- Develop the accuracy and quality of PSI reporting system (including individual reports) to the level needed for PSI management
- Develop the work-methods of PSI reporting system to increase efficiency and reliability
- Develop the IT-system usage rules to meet the reporting needs
- Develop the work methods to reveal quickly all possible discrepancies in reporting, using charge numbers, etc.
- Execute all periodical reports in a timely manner and with high quality
- Coordination with the shipyard’s Finance, Design and Production departments, with Project organization and with other planners
- Perform other planning activities/duties as assigned separately
- Able to communication effectively with all levels of the organization
- Decision making/Problem solving
- Adaptability and organizational skills and understanding
- Conflict resolution
- Strategic thinking
- Stress management
- Willingness and ability to work as a team member
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS or MS (Emphasis in Accounting, Finance and/or Engineering) preferred
- Experience in Manufacturing or Shipbuilding industries preferred
- About 1-3 yrs. work experience of using ERP systems and basic office tools, and of making management reports
- Basic knowledge/experience of Project Based Engineering and Production preferred
- Basic knowledge/experience of modern shipbuilding process and terminology preferred
- Software skills (ERP, MS Office)
About Philly Shipyard
Philly Shipyard (www.phillyshipyard.com) is a leading U.S. commercial shipyard constructing vessels for operation in the U.S. Jones Act market, which requires all commercial vessels transporting merchandise between ports in the United States to be built, owned, operated and manned by U.S. citizens and to be registered under the U.S. flag. Philly Shipyard possesses a state-of-the-art shipbuilding facility and has earned a reputation as the preferred provider of oceangoing merchant vessels.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at email@example.com.