Job Title: Helpdesk Support Technician
Company: Philly Shipyard, Inc
Date: April 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by Philly Shipyard, Inc to assist them in recruiting a Helpdesk Support Technician in their expanding IT Department. This expansion is a result of the Philly Shipyard being awarded a new contract for the construction of up to 5 (five) National Security Multi-Mission Vessels (NSMV) from TOTE Services.
The Helpdesk Support Technician will report directly to the CIO. This is primarily a desktop support position with some basic server-level application management and server OS support required.
- Ensures that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Offers hardware, software and application support across all platforms, including PCs, Macs, iOS/Android devices, and Cisco VOiP phones.
- Responds to help desk calls from internal and field employees, providing problem resolution through phone, email, remote access and in-person.
- Prepares and deploys hardware, desktops, laptops, and mobile platforms.
- Maintains all printers, including deployment, troubleshooting, and supply management.
- Maintains and tracks all IT hardware inventory and software licensing.
- Manages and coordinates support for Mobile Devices and Service Plans.
- Provides basic network hardware installation and configuration assistance.
- Provides basic Active Directory management and server application support.
- Participates in on-call after-hours support rotation on a scheduled basis.
- Monitors and maintains data center and desktop uninterruptible power supplies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- US Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent Associates Degree.
- 2-3 years’ experience in desktop support preferred.
- Prior experience with server hardware, software and applications helpful.
About Philly Shipyard
Philly Shipyard (www.phillyshipyard.com) is a leading U.S. commercial shipyard constructing vessels for operation in the U.S. Jones Act market, which requires all commercial vessels transporting merchandise between ports in the United States to be built, owned, operated and manned by U.S. citizens and to be registered under the U.S. flag. Philly Shipyard possesses a state-of-the-art shipbuilding facility and has earned a reputation as the preferred provider of oceangoing merchant vessels.