Job Title: Developer/Application Support
Company: Philly Shipyard, Inc
Date: April 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by Philly Shipyard, Inc to assist them in recruiting a Developer/Application Support in their expanding IT Department. This expansion is a result of the Philly Shipyard being awarded a new contract for the construction of up to 5 (five) National Security Multi-Mission Vessels (NSMV) from TOTE Services.
The Developer/Application Support will report directly to the CIO. The position supports the implementation of all software projects supporting business processes by identifying, analyzing, designing, documenting, and implementing system solutions to meet end-user requirements.
- Ensures that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Develops and maintains user and server-side applications.
- Implements SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Gathers and correlates data from various systems to determine level of risk and exposure, as well as troubleshooting issues.
- Configures test environment, assures test data, developing of SQL queries/stored procedures for database and back end testing with further go-in-life Releases.
- Prepares the Business Requirement Document (BRD), Use Case Document (UCD), Use Case Diagram, User Scenario Document (USD) and Test Cases.
- Participates in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- US Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in area of specialty and at least 3 years of experience in software development or in a related area.
- Understanding of all Information Systems used for: ERP, Payroll, Time & Attendance, HCM software.
- Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQL data is desired.
About Philly Shipyard
Philly Shipyard (www.phillyshipyard.com) is a leading U.S. commercial shipyard constructing vessels for operation in the U.S. Jones Act market, which requires all commercial vessels transporting merchandise between ports in the United States to be built, owned, operated and manned by U.S. citizens and to be registered under the U.S. flag. Philly Shipyard possesses a state-of-the-art shipbuilding facility and has earned a reputation as the preferred provider of oceangoing merchant vessels.