Job Title: Plant Manager
Company: Manufacturing Company
Date: March 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by our Manufacturing client in Lower Bucks County to conduct a search for a Plant Manager. This new position of Plant Manager reports to the owners, and will oversee all areas of manufacturing to ensure that all products are manufactured on schedule, within quality standards, meeting cost objectives and shipped on-time to the customer.
- Assists ownership in the development and formulation of long and short-range manufacturing planning, with regard to policies, programs and objectives.
- Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieves optimum employee levels with the least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Directs and monitors departments to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.). Strong focus on lean manufacturing principles.
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required by ownership.
Required Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15+ years’ experience in a job shop and/or contract manufacturer preferably in the electronics industry, with a minimum of 8+ years supervisory experience. Prior experience in managing the production and assembly of products in a job shop and/or contract manufacturer from conception to deliver is required. Degree in Mechanical Engineering is helpful. Knowledge of Tellio, JobBoss (or an equivalent ERP system), Lean manufacturing, and ISO quality systems are helpful. Strong interpersonal skills, hands-on management style, and ability to interact with customers on a regular basis, required.