Job Title: Director of Sales
Company: Jowitt & Rodgers Co. (jowittandrodgers.com)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date: March 2019
The Director of Sales, as an integral member of the senior management team, will be responsible for both the development/implementation of the sales strategy and the hands-on, day-to-day management of the sales function. As part of this responsibility, the Director of Sales will manage the existing internal salesforce and the nationwide network of independent sales representatives to achieve the Company’s sales goals and objectives.
In addition, the Director of Sales will develop and implement the product positioning and pricing strategy for all products, in order to produce the highest potential long-term market share.
As part of the day-to-day management of the salesforce, the Director will responsible for the recruiting, coaching and mentoring of the salesforce. In addition, the Director will oversee sales performance activities related to sales forecasting, penetration of existing accounts, pipeline account management, and new account activity.
- Degree in engineering or physical science
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of commercial sales experience of consumable goods, customized, non-commodity products with at least 5 years of sales management experience
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals/objectives
- Background in the abrasive industry a plus
- Customer intimacy/centric mentality in the development and retention of prospects and current customers
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Prior experience in developing sales management tools through the use of technology
- Experience with building a sales department/function
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team
- Experience in developing sales strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Be an exceptional team player
- Be a proactive problem solver
- Be looking for ways to improve
- Be dedicated to customer success
- Be professional
- Analytical thinking
- Business planning
- Commercial awareness and acumen
- Focus Influence and impact
- Account management
- Coaching/people development
- Concern for achievement
- Leading the team customer service
About Jowitt & Rogers Co.
Jowitt & Rogers Co. founded in 1951, is a privately held abrasive manufacturing company, with a concentration on surface grinding. Located in Philadelphia, PA, the company services the automotive, bearings, cutlery, hand tool and a broad range of other industries.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners firstname.lastname@example.org.