Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Schiller Grounds Care, Inc.
Date: June 2022
Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. (www.schillergc.com) located in Southampton, PA, has retained Human Capital Consulting Partners to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer reporting to the Engineer Manager.
Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. engineers, manufactures and markets some of the world’s most sought-after lawn and garden care equipment. Schiller’s passion for innovation, quality and reliability is evident throughout Schiller’s full line of high-performance products used by professionals, avid gardeners and homeowners around the globe.
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing process procedures designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally. Provides a safe, comfortable operating environment by directing installation, maintenance and repair of machines, tools, production equipment and utility systems.
Specific & Essential Duties
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes, procedures, methods and tooling.
- Maintains all production and support equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Provides leadership through effective communication, coaching, training and development of production staff.
- Analyzes and plans machine utilization, assembly line utilization, space requirements, workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace, and manpower needs for maximum efficiency and safety.
- Maintains department supply inventory.
- Coordinates and manages all contracted vendor services.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Formulates and designs workstations, sequences and production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes work instructions and training activities to enhance product quality and reliability.
- Assists in the investigation of customer complaints regarding quality and initiates corrective actions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Analyzes processes and procedures to implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensures all OSHA safety requirements are adhered to.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related degree required.
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in a progressive manufacturing facility. Hands-on knowledge of assembly lines, fabrication, and machining is required.
- Conflict Management
- Action Oriented
- Function/Technical Skills
- Process Management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Microsoft Office Suite Skills, ERP Experience (Oracle Preferred)
- Good Communication Skills
Interested candidates should contact Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at email@example.com.