Job Title: Senior Engineer
Company: D.R. Cordell & Associates, Inc.
Date: July 2022
D.R. Cordell & Associates, Inc., located in Chalfont, PA, has retained Human Capital Consulting Partners to recruit a Senior Engineer reporting to the Owner.
D.R. Cordell & Associates, Inc. is a well-established name in the material handling business. They have been selling and manufacturing overhead bridge cranes, hoists, and monorails for over 50 years along with wastewater treatment specific equipment. Cordell is dedicated to producing reliable products of the best quality to their customers while remaining focused on employee satisfaction.
Purpose of the Position
Responsible for the Design and Engineering functions of all equipment and projects sold by the company while providing technical support to Customers, Sales, Manufacturing and Service.
Scope of the Position
Take projects from the sales process and manage the entire engineering life cycle from initial system design, customer submittals, through detailed product design and finally support to Manufacturing and Service.
- Design overall systems based on project specifications and Customer and Sales team input
- Prepare submittal drawings as required by the Customer and manage the submittal process responding to internal and Customer requests
- Communicate with the Sales department regarding status of current jobs and new opportunities
- Support Manufacturing, Service and vendors in integration of systems as necessary
- Support field start-up and initial commissioning of systems when necessary
- Continuous Improvement – As Cordell’s business centers around custom systems, robust processes are a key requirement for success. Drive continuous improvement in the Engineering department and how it interacts with the entire business, especially Sales and Manufacturing.
- The Team – Lead and develop the Engineering Technicians, resulting in a high-performing department and positive team culture.
- Customers – Maintain high levels of customer confidence and satisfaction.
- BS Engineering degree (or equivalent industry experience) with eight or more years of experience designing Electro-Mechanical systems that include the following:
- Ability to research and design components into systems
- Industrial controls
- Steel fabricated components
- Structural steel engineering and fabricating knowledge (8 plus years) that includes:
- Wide Flange, S beams, angle, channel, plate
- Welding steel assemblies, shapes and plate
- Mechanical assemblies
- Crane and hoist equipment – preferred but not required
- Requires an individual with a proficiency in AutoCAD and standard MS office computer software and business applications (MRP/ERP)
- Strong management and supervisory skills (minimum of 3 years) required
- Ability to drive Continuous Improvement via Lean thinking across the entire business
- Proficient in problem-solving and critical thinking; ability to independently manage multiple projects and maintain order and organization
- Requires minimal travel – 5/15%
Interested candidates should contact Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at email@example.com.