Job Title: Plant Manager
Company: General Doors
Date: August 2021
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by our client General Doors Corporation located in Bristol, PA to assist them in recruiting for a Plant Manager who will report to the President.
The Plant Manager will be in charge of planning, capital expenditures, process improvement, and management of all areas of the manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include: ensuring that the Company produces the highest quality products and services for its customers; meeting cost objectives and inventory requirements; and shipping on-time in strict compliance with customer specifications and industry standards. Reporting to the President, the Plant Manager has authority to act on behalf of the Company on matters pertaining to day-to-day operations and tactical operating issues, such as personnel, material and supply needs, inventory, machine maintenance, and process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the President to develop tactical (short-term) and strategic (longer-term) manufacturing plans, including reporting on current operational efficiencies, changing technology opportunities, capital expenditures, process improvements, etc.
- Establishes production standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery.
- Works closely with members of the production teams to ensure that all scheduled jobs are progressing and completed as planned, for on-time delivery to customers.
- Develops and executes manufacturing policies and controls in the area of lean manufacturing techniques, materials usage, capacity planning, inventory, machine maintenance, and production scheduling.
- Maintains and improves production flow and efficiency.
- Ensures that safe working procedures are defined/documented, and personnel are informed/trained in safe working methods, proper use of tools and machinery, and use of personal protection equipment.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Directs strategic sourcing initiatives with a focus on realizing efficiencies and cost savings while building and maintaining positive relationships with vendors.
- Drives operational excellence and best practices to improve purchasing and manufacturing costs.
Essential Qualifications & Competencies
- Broad knowledge of plant management, equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing and operations management, with 10 to 12 years of progressive plant management experiences with smaller and mid-size organizations. 5+ years supervisory experience.
- Engineering background is helpful.
- Six Sigma Certification is helpful.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate production machinery, typical office equipment and communications devices.
Interested candidates should contact Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at email@example.com.