Job Title: Lab Manager
Date: January 2022
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by The Bullen Companies, located in Folcroft, PA, to identify candidates for a Lab Manager position reporting to the Plant Manager.
The Lab Manager will oversee and perform chemical testing procedures required to maintain quality control, assurance of products, and compliance with internal and regulatory requirements. The manager will also oversee/perform the reverse engineering process for submitted samples, new product development and product improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all regulatory responsibilities.
- Performs quality control of all incoming bulk raw materials and record samples.
- Performs quality control of all compounding and filled products. Records and signs off on the results on the work order.
- Performs quality control of all incoming finished products and goods, then records results.
- Creates formulas for compounding and enters them into the ERP system.
- Ensures the refractive index and other figures are correct on the work orders.
- Operates, maintains, and tests laboratory equipment; identifies problems when equipment fails and conducts or recommends repairs.
- Runs a battery of tests on rival products brought in by customers and sales and records the results of these tests for future reference. Develops formulas from the knowledge gained from these tests and inputs these formulas into a spreadsheet, assigning them a book number.
- Oversees quality complaints by checking retained samples and records.
- Oversees and creates sample products for customers and salesmen.
- Creates a certificate of analysis sheet for various customers where needed.
- Runs various projects for the senior officers of the company as well as the sales department.
- Works with the compounding department to rectify any batches or stock tanks that may need adjusting.
- Samples and records wastewater daily.
- Oversees and maintains the tote waste area.
- Ensures compliance with environmental health and safety standards including the proper handling, storage, and disposal of chemical agents.
- Processes EPA state registrations as well as year-end submissions.
- Creates SDS’s.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field required
- At least two years of related work experience required
- Regulatory experience is a must
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Thorough understanding of chemical tests and processes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Google Sheets/Docs or related software to draft laboratory reports
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn software and applications used for chemical tests and analysis.