Job Title: Vice President and General Manager
Company: Fulfillment and Distribution Company
Date: December 2022
Human Capital Consulting Partners has been retained by our client, a privately held fulfillment and distribution company located in the Philadelphia Region, to conduct a confidential search for a Vice President and General Manager. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
In this role, the VP & GM will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence, overseeing multiple key functions in the business, and driving both top and bottom-line growth. Working in partnership with the CEO, the VP & GM will develop tactical (short-term) and strategic (longer-term) operational plans, including revenue and profit goals, operational efficiencies, changing technology opportunities, capital expenditures, process improvements, inventory, etc. In addition, the VP & GM will establish/implement KPIs to improve operational efficiencies and ensure monthly/quarterly forecasts achieve business goals to secure financial objectives.
Also, the VP & GM will direct and manage all matters pertaining to the day-to-day operations, i.e., revenue growth, profit, purchasing, scheduling, inventory management, plant output, warehousing, shipping/receiving, quality assurance, customer service, personnel matters, process improvements, training, safety, compliance, etc. The position will ensure that the Company produces the highest quality products and services for its customers, meeting cost objectives and inventory requirements, shipping on time, and in strict compliance with customer specifications and industry standards.
The ideal candidate should have the following background and experience:
- 20 plus years of experience managing day-to-day operations in a fulfillment & distribution business, including hands-on experience in growing both revenue and profitability with strong working knowledge of P&Ls. Prior knowledge of purchasing, scheduling, inventory management, warehousing, shipping/receiving, quality assurance, and customer service is required.
- Proven track record of being strategic, tactical, and hands-on is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of management/supervisory experience is required. Strong emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, and planning.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA helpful.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results in similar types of business is required.
Interested candidates should contact Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at email@example.com.