Job Title: Business Development Manager
Date: July 2021
DVIRC (www.dvirc.org), a consulting firm that supports the advancement of small to midsize manufacturers and their supply chain in areas related to Operational Excellence, Top-Line Growth and Business Management, has an immediate need for a Business Development Manager. (Note: This role requires a combination of remote and field work.)
The Business Development Manager reports to the Regional Vice President Business Development and will be responsible for generating new business, retaining current clients, and obtaining repeat sales in small to midsize manufacturing companies in Chester and Montgomery counties. The Business Development Manager will sell a suite of services that covers every aspect of business, from strategic planning and leadership development to operational excellence, continuous improvement, market development and sales growth.
The ideal Business Development Manager candidate should be able to:
- Generate new business, retain clients, and obtain repeat business
- Identify business needs/challenges through consultative discovery and convert these business needs/challenges into new business opportunities for DVIRC
- Leverage current relationships and referral networks i.e., professional/trade associations, business events, and social media platforms, to identify potential prospects
- Understand most areas of a business operation, i.e., business strategy, finance, sales, manufacturing, and workforce development
- Be comfortable working with the C-suite and on the plant floor
- Have excellent consultative sales abilities and analytical skills with experience qualifying and aligning client business goals with appropriate consulting solutions
- Demonstrate great communication skills, the ability to influence others, be a problem solver, have strong business acumen, and be comfortable in the role of hunter and farmer
As well as possess:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of work experience and a minimum of 5 years hands-on business development experience building a book of business
- An undergraduate degree, and preferably an MBA
This position will receive a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, plus the ability to participate in a quarterly robust performance-based incentive plan. An exceptional comprehensive benefits package is included, plus great opportunities for professional career growth.
Interested candidates should contact Jim Geier, President and CEO, Human Capital Consulting Partners, at firstname.lastname@example.org.