Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Company: Philly Shipyard, Inc
Date: August 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners is conducting a retained search for a Logistics Coordinator at the Philly Shipyard, Inc.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and tracking the timely delivery of materials from Asia and Europe by sea/rail/truck/air for the ship construction and the shipyard. In addition, the Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the development of weekly project status reports and coordination with Material Control on the distribution of materials upon arrival at the Shipyard.
Education and Experience Required:
- US Citizenship
- Working knowledge of US Rail logistics
- Prior experience working with Free Trade Zone (FTZ)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience working in material controls or logistics including expediting
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Prior international logistics experience helpful
- Undergraduate degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft products, especially EXCEL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Contact vendors to verify that the shipment of goods will be made on required date.
- Communicate and coordinate with forwarding companies, Customs brokers, and transportation companies to ensure movement of material and supplies and prevent delays in transit.
- Make sure goods are well insured throughout the shipment.
- Communicate, coordinate and keep records of Customs clearance of imported goods.
- Arrange and coordinate for receipt and distribution of materials upon arrival with Material Control.
- Assist with data entry of material receipts and transfers into the ERP system.
- In-house Information Technology support.
- Create/implement functional forms/documents.
- Coordinate all outbound shipments.
- Develop weekly/biweekly project status reports and provide findings on late shipment and expedite the process.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key players in PSI’s Supply Chain process to ensure goals are met.
- Help Material Control to resolve vendor discrepancy in shipment.
- Collect Missing report after inspection and take up with vendor.
- Work with other buyers and take purchasing activity when needed.
- Complete all assignments as required.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
About Philly Shipyard
Philly Shipyard (www.phillyshipyard.com) is a leading U.S. commercial shipyard constructing vessels for operation in the U.S. Jones Act market, which requires all commercial vessels transporting merchandise between ports in the United States to be built, owned, operated and manned by U.S. citizens and to be registered under the U.S. flag. Philly Shipyard possesses a state-of-the-art shipbuilding facility and has earned a reputation as the preferred provider of oceangoing merchant vessels.