Job Title: Project Purchasing Lead
Company: Philly Shipyard, Inc
Date: June 2020
Human Capital Consulting Partners is conducting a retained search for the Project Purchasing Lead at the Philly Shipyard, Inc. reporting to the Procurement Director.
The Project Purchasing Lead is responsible for coordinating and managing the purchasing contracts including equipment, transportation, logistics and services with key suppliers both domestic and overseas to support the ship production and plant operations.
Education and Experience Required:
- US Citizenship required.
- B.S. or B.A. degree with minimum ten (10) years’ experience in purchasing/procurement.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) is preferred.
- Prior experience with contract negotiations with overseas suppliers in South Korea required.
- Strong ability to function in a Team/Project Management Environment.
- Experience with purchase of ship and marine-related equipment a plus.
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience in Government Contracting a plus.
- Proficient in utilization of SAP ERP systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all PSI safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed and met.
- Coordinate/manage the contracts including equipment, transportation, logistics and services with key suppliers both domestic and overseas.
- Responsible for coordination with Design, Purchasing and Shipping Partner for smooth progress of project.
- Develop successful negotiation strategies for key domestic suppliers and overseas suppliers located in the South Korea.
- Ensure timely execution and delivery of purchased services for ship production and plant operations.
- Keep up with Subcontracting plan and work with Turnkey Buyer and get update on all Turnkey contracts and provide status.
- Work closely with Production and Engineering (where necessary) to insure that materials or services being ordered will fulfill all requirements.
- Utilize SAP ERP system to support purchasing process.
- Review commitments and invoices and compare with contract agreement and compare to the budget/forecast on a regular basis and make updates as necessary.
- Forecast financial costs for all respective contracts.
- Submit routine progress reports to support ship build schedule.
- Maintain historical pricing database for respective contracts, materials, commodities, labor rates for future contract price trending.
- Travel is required to South Korea 6 to 7 times per year.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
About Philly Shipyard
Philly Shipyard (www.phillyshipyard.com) is a leading U.S. commercial shipyard constructing vessels for operation in the U.S. Jones Act market, which requires all commercial vessels transporting merchandise between ports in the United States to be built, owned, operated and manned by U.S. citizens and to be registered under the U.S. flag. Philly Shipyard possesses a state-of-the-art shipbuilding facility and has earned a reputation as the preferred provider of oceangoing merchant vessels.